Friday, October 31, 2008

My Bike


Wow, I cannot believe that just happened. I was just on my bike trying to get to class on time when my pedal fell off. I was ridding and looked down at my right pedal because it felt funny. It turned out that I had my foot resting on the metal bar that runs through the pedal but the plastic pedal itself was gone. I turned around and saw it lying on the ground. When I picked it up I notice that there was a huge crack through the thick center that surrounds the medal rod. It is not like this bike is old, actually it is brand new, and I mean my parents bought it two weeks ago. I am astonished. I hope my parents are able to get a refund or something because this is ridiculous. I have not told them yet but I am sure they are going to laugh and then ask me if I can live without it.

Even though it does not seem like it a bike is technology. The only thing I have a problem with technology is that if its new if is likely to fail at least once or twice. Other times it just does not work at all. After several failures new technology becomes older and better. The mistakes have been corrected and people no longer have to walk to class. New technology is great be it a new PS3 or a bicycle, so do not get discouraged when things do not go right the first time around. But for now I think I will be enjoying the nice walks to class.

No comments: