Friday, October 17, 2008

The Wrong CD!


When I look around my room do you know what I see? Actually you probably do not, so I will just tell you. I see CDs and DVDs everywhere; some have no covers to protect them and there is no order to them. I can guarantee that if you look around your room you can see the same thing. Now for those of you who get everything online and do not have any CDs or DVDs, I am sorry. I like to keep it old school and have everything on CDs to help take up space in my giant room. Now back to the problem that the majority of people have, CDs and DVDs everywhere with nowhere to put them. I have discovered the solution to our problem and it is called the USB Storage Carousel for CD/DVDs.

This nifty device will end my struggle whenever I try to find the right CD and it will also organize my collection for me. The Carousel can hold any type of CD, DVD, game CD, or music CD. It can hold every type as long as it does not have a diameter longer than 12cm. 12cm is the basic CD and DVD size so you do not have to worry. The Carousel can hold up to 150 CDs and DVDs inside its chamber. Now if you have more than 150 CDs do not worry because a Carousel can stack on top of another one. So you can have two or three Carousels sitting on top of each other and have them all working together. There is a neat component of the Carousel and is that the Carousel can be plug into your computer through a USB port. Ok, before you think that it can play any of the CDs or DVDs that it holds it cannot, but it does allow you to look at each and every one. The software that comes with the Carousel allows you to organize the CDs and DVDs the way you want. If you are a gamer like me, you can make a section for games and keep them away from your music so you do not accidently put the wrong CD in your game console and screw it up. Yes it can happen; I have done it before and cried as my Backstreet Boys CD was murdered. The software allows you to go through your collection and choose the CD/DVD of your chose and them it sends a message to the Carousel to spin around and eject that CD for you. The Carousel also does a good job of keeping your CDs and DVDs in mint condition by leaving spaces in between each one to stop scratching and cracking.

Now do not fret if you do not have a computer because the Carousel can also operate on its own without computer software. On the front of the Carousel there is a key pad so you can type in a number and the device will turn to that slot. So if you want to listen to “Who Let The Dogs Out?” all you have to do is type in the number slot for the Baha Men CD and it will pop out for you. Sense you are not using the software for the Carousel; you will not be able to organize your collection as easily. But the creators of this device thought of this and made a form for you to index your CDs and DVDs, so you can keep your stuff categorized the way you want it.

I really am looking into purchasing a USB Storage Carousel to help me keep my music and games organized. I suggest you do the same so that no longer will you have to put a CD in and realize that it is actually Britney Spears singing to you instead of the voices of the Backstreet Boys.

No comments: