Friday, October 10, 2008

Say Goodbye to Hitting Multiple Letters!


Yesterday I was sitting down messing with my iPhone and trying to text people. I hate it how if you have large fingers like mine it is so difficult to type a text message without hitting three letters at the same time. Then I have to go back and delete the unnecessary letter traffic otherwise my text would just be a jumble of letters that my friends would have to decode to find out the real message. I also have a problem with if you are on a website and you wish to use a link on it, it is almost impossible to hit that link without activating the wrong one. I know you can blow the screen up but I also have the tendency to hit a link while trying to stretch the screen out. So either way I usually have to hit the back key and start the whole process over again.

I did stumble upon a neat tool that would help me with my problem. No it is not a finger press to work out my finger to make it slimmer which would make it easier to hit the buttons, instead it is a stylus. It is called the Pogo iPhone Stylus and it is the answer for my fat fingers. The Pogo is able to fake the iPhone out so that it believes there is a finger touching its screen and not just a stylus. The iPhone, along with all other touch screen items, use a technology called capacitive touch. This technology measures the flow of electrons through your skin which tells the phone if it is a person touching it or something else. The stylus has somehow adapted this attribute of electrons flowing across a surface. It has a soft felt like material at the end of it which helps keep a stream of electrons flowing across it. The stylus uses static electricity to gain its charge of electrons. This is possible because felt is a material that can attract a large amount of electrons. It is like when you brush your feet, while wearing socks, across the carpet and then touch a doorknob. You get a small shock because that is the electrons transferring from you to the doorknob. Just image the tip of the stylus going across the surface of the touch screen and it becomes charged because of the felt tip. As a side note, the felt tip also does a good job of keeping your screen clean by collecting dust.

The Pogo iPhone Stylus is a great tool for anyone, like me, who needs a little help with hitting the right key. The stylus is not just for iPhones it can also be used with any other touch screen because they all use the capacitive touch technology. So I suggest that if you are tired of hitting the wrong key every time that you by this product because it could help save your sanity.

No comments: