Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Movies on Youtube????


For those of you out there who use the wonderful creation of Youtube.com, you are in luck. Many movie companies do not think that it is a wise financial decision to place their movies onto Youtube, because they will not make money off of it. Youtube has been pleading with them but to no avail. Today, however, some companies have backed off, and are putting some of their “back-of-the-catalog” movie titles, such as MGM’s Bulletproof Monk
So, for all of you fans of the movies that nobody has ever heard of, you are in luck. Youtube is playing to your needs, and allows you to watch the movies on its site. MGM is the first major movie company to allow its movies to be placed onto the “small screen.” MGM’s co-president of worldwide television said, "I don't think you are going to be seeing a James Bond movie on YouTube. That's a very special franchise for us. We are very cautious about where we put those movies." So, the big titles are not released as of now, but perhaps, in the future, we can find these movies and enjoy them just as much.
As more and more movies are placed onto Youtube, the company will grow, and the site will evolve. The site will switch from videos of teenagers doing stupid things, to a worldwide source for all of you movies. In essence, with this move, the world is changing, and it’s all thanks to youtube.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW! I am really liking the idea of free YouTube movies. I personally love YouTube, the greatest invention ever. Part of my liking involves the diversity of the posts. If I can't watch show or a game or something, odd are I will find it on YouTube. For example, I didn't have time to watch Obama's victory speech but I was able to watch it the next day thanks you YouTube. Thank you for linking the actual article in this entry. I have watched a few movies on YouTube but it was kind of tedious since I had search for every part of the movie and make sure that I had the right part. Hopefully it won’t be the case anymore !